Help to Buy
Help to Buy is a Government scheme that means you could move home with as little as a 5% deposit. You could be living the Dorchester way with Help to Buy. A new scheme backed by the Homes and Communities Agency is helping you to purchase your first home or move up the property ladder and increase the size of your property in order to meet your family’s needs.
Choose from a stunning collection of Dorchester Living homes available under the scheme, and move in with just a 5% deposit.
Help to Buy: The Basic Facts
- 5% deposit required.
- Available to first time buyers and current homeowners who meet the qualifying criteria.
- There’s no upper limit on your household income.
- You can buy a new home at participating developments with a maximum price of £600,000.
- 20% is covered by a Homes and Communities Agency equity loan which doesn’t have to be repaid until you sell.
- You obtain a mortgage for 75% of the price.
- The scheme is exclusively for owner-occupiers.
|Example of a purchase with an equity loan scheme||Cost||Percentage (%)|
|Purchase price of new home||£200,000||100%|
For more information please contact your Sales Consultant or register your interest using the link at the top of this page.
- Choose from our range of stunning new homes available under the scheme, up to a maximum purchase price of £600,000.
- Put down your reservation fee of £500 and secure your new home.
- We’ll put you in touch with our independent mortgage advisors, to take you through the pre-qualification process and your mortgage application. You’ll need to secure a conventional mortgage for 75% of the purchase price and, subject to approval, the Government will lend you up to 20% of the purchase price through an equity loan.
- To secure your home and a mortgage you’ll need a minimum deposit of 5% of the purchase price.
- To help you with the smooth purchase of your new home we also have a recommended panel of solicitors, who will be able to support you through the conveyance process.
Subject to meeting the eligibility criteria and affordability checks. For the scheme, borrowers will need to meet appropriate tests to ensure they can pay back the mortgage, as well passing their chosen lender’s credit and affordability checks. Not available in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON A MORTGAGE OR ANY OTHER DEBT SECURED ON IT.